SOLVED Windows Media Player problem.

Reaction score
I hope this is the right section to post this in? Anyway, I tried to burn a CD that I had ripped to my computer. The last time I burned a CD was about 6 months ago but this time a box appeared saying it can't burn certain files with an Icon next to them and if I click on the Icon I will receive an explanation why I can't burn that file or words to that effect? Trouble is, there are no Icons to be seen? Does anyone have any idea on how to get around this nuisance without having to use another platform?

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. I fixed this by going to Control panel/ programs and features, then to the left of the screen to turn windows features on and off. I unchecked WMP then restarted and WMP was good to go, the box didn't reappear and I burnt the CD no problem.

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe the problem may have been elsewhere and sorted itself. Windows 10 has a built in burner, accessed by right clicking the object you wish to burn.
After reading your post, I experimented by turning off and on the media player several times. It mad no difference to the ability to burn.
Whatever, you are now able to perform the function and thankyou for marking a solved.

Reaction score
I don't think the problem was elsewhere because I have been trying to fix this for a while. I think that when I reset WMP that was what fixed it. (It reloaded properly) Or then again it could've been a glitch in the Matrix. lol

Reaction score
I have a different Windows Media Player problem. I know there are other players, such as VLC which I use a lot, but I use WMP extensively for playing my gospel music files. I have it set up so it shows the 'bars' under the Visualizations/Bars and Waves option. With it set up like that, I can play any file I have and get a good estimate at how loud the file is. I keep all the files about the same audio level so that whenever our sound man plays them at church, we can rely on the files not being overly loud or too soft. The bars work like a VU Meter.
The problem is that WMP keeps 'breaking'! I choose a file, and then away goes nothing. I constantly keep getting the popup box that says 'server execution failed'. I end up having to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it working again. Running the Troubleshooter doesn't fix it to the point it prevents it from breaking it again. I have run WMP for eons! From XP right on up through all the versions and have never had a problem like this. I have another hard drive for this same laptop that has Windows 8.1 on it and WMP works flawlessly on that. I've never had an issue with it like I'm having with Windows 10. This laptop has 8GB RAM and runs Windows 10 just fine otherwise. It's version 1903.
Any ideas??

Ask a Question