Windows Media Player 12 and Supplemental Software and Devices

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forum, but I first would like to say that my screen name does not indicate that I am dumb or stupid. But instead, it indicates that when I am ignorant about something, I am generally lost in space about that thing. And unfortunately, I am ignorant about certain aspects of Windows Media Player 12 and supplemental software and devices for that player. However, I am pretty adept about the basics of WMP12 such as how to listen, play, and rip CDs, etc. But when it comes to devices such as external hard drives, I have some holes in my knowledge.

But what I am having more trouble with are supplemental software programs that convert wma lossless files into mp3 files. Programs such as MediaHuman and Switch by NCH. And with those programs, I am pretty much lost in space. Also, I want to mention that I tried looking for a MediaHuman forum and a Switch forum, and even though MediaHuman doesn't have a forum, Switch's Sound Converter forum is full of threads with 0 replies.

But one of the problems that I am having with this software is that there doesn't seem to be adequate instructions on how to use either the MediaHuman program or the Switch program, therefore, I am pretty much clueless as to how to use them. But one of the things that I want to do with those programs is to add a playlist to the program and have the program convert the lossless wma playlist into an mp3 playlist.

And when it comes to devices, I had been plugging my 1TB Seagate external hard drive into my desktop computer(via a USB port) and opening up File Explorer, clicking on This PC, and then dragging my Music folder over to my Seagate Expansion Drive (G) and then letting my computer do the rest.(It usually takes about an hour or so for all my Music files to transfer over to my (G) drive.) Plus, I had read somewhere that your computer's Music folder contains folders that represent your playlists in your music player. Therefore, I felt that all my music and the order that I have them stored are transferred over to Seagate Drive. However, the other day, I noticed on the left pane of my WMP, it had Seagate Expansion Drive listed. And when I right clicked on it and clicked on "Set up sync..." I got this:

Seagate.jpg

Therefore, apparently, the other library that the Seagate is synced to must be my Music files from File Explorer. However, since sometimes I like to go ahead and try things out(and sometimes to my chagrin), I went ahead and clicked on "Finish," however, nothing happened.(Also, the above image was taken only a few minutes ago.) Therefore, it's safe to say that I'm pretty much lost in space about this.

Additionally, I was able to successfully transfer one of my playlists from WMP into a USB flash drive stick(and at this point, I kind of forgot how I did it), however, since the files were in wma lossless format, the person that I made the USB stick for wasn't able to play it on their smart TV because the wma files were not supported by their television.

But if anyone can help me with any of this, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question