Internet Explorer 11

Reaction score
I have been trying to install IE 11 on my backup PC. I have read that it is already in Win 10 but you have to look for it. I have looked and looked but could not find it. I downloaded it but it will not install. The only option I have in settings for a browser is Firefox. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It should be down under the W section, expand Windows Accessories

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Found the reason why. Seems I need the Win7 SP1 or Server 2008 R2 SP1 which I do not have. Had trouble with many updates on that PC before Win 10 that I could never remedy. Still, should I not be able to have another option besides Firefox?

Reaction score
I don't understand your given reasons. Did you look in the path stated by Trouble?
As well as IE, which should be there, Edge is also built in windows 10.

Reaction score
I don't understand your given reasons. Did you look in the path stated by Trouble?
As well as IE, which should be there, Edge is also built in windows 10.
Agreed, although Microsoft appears to be intending to replace some things we rely upon for other things such as Web sites that haven't updated to use the latest browser/s. My wife gets a warning from Pinterest when she opens it in IE11 about not using an outdated browser. MSPaint is another program still there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer -> iexplore.exe

Reaction score
IE is not listed under accessories or anywhere else on that PC. Updated Firefox and now default apps show Edge as well, plus the store. Did not try Edge before because it was not compatible with Norton.

Reaction score
I am not sure if it makes a difference, today, with MS changes - But go into the control panel - Programs and features. and, over on the left, "Turn Windows features on or off". Look down the list and make sure IE is ON. It should have been, by default. If it is on, and IE is still not showing where Trouble indicated, you have a corrupt installation.

Ask a Question