Since last update Internet Explorer opens every time I switch on computer.

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot see Internet Explorer listed in "Startup" so how do I stop it from automatically opening every time that I switch on my computer?

Any thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

right click the bottom panel and select "Task Manager" > More Details (if necessary) > Start-up and see if it is set to auto start, right click and disable it if it is showing!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

right click the bottom panel and select "Task Manager" > More Details (if necessary) > Start-up and see if it is set to auto start, right click and disable it if it is showing!. :)
Hi Wolfie,
Thanks for the reply but, as you can probably see in my thread, I cannot see Internet Explorer listed in "Start-up".
Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

• Start-up020118.JPG
    Start-up020118.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,327
Reaction score
It is deliberately built in to Windows 10. It will open the last used browser automatically on boot up. Numerous complaints are pouting in and, hopefully, it will be resolved in a future update.

Reaction score
Reaction score
It is deliberately built in to Windows 10. It will open the last used browser automatically on boot up. Numerous complaints are pouting in and, hopefully, it will be resolved in a future update.

How did you come up with that one? I have win10 pro on all 3 of my computers. My wife has win10 pro on her laptop. My son has win10 home on his laptop. None of our computers start IE or any other browser for that matter on boot up. Been using windows since 3.1 and never had a browser open at boot up unless i manually put it in start up.

thinking.gif

Reaction score
It may be computer, or hardware specific. Read the comments in the link I posted. It certainly happens, randomly, on my computers all Dells.

Reaction score
It may be computer, or hardware specific. Read the comments in the link I posted. It certainly happens, randomly, on my computers all Dells.
IT with my own PC Installation and repair business.
Out of hundreds of PC's I have either installed or repairs with Windows 10, I have never seen this happen.
To make sure I'm understanding, when you boot up the PC from a cold start, Internet Explorer opens when the PC boots, to your Home Page, without you having done any operation other then maybe putting in a Login Password???

Reaction score
I've noticed this as well. I don't normally start cold, but doing restarts my Win10 system will launch IE11 when it comes back up. I use IE, Firefox, and Chrome intermittently throughout the day. Removing IE is not an option, as I need it for work. I rebooted earlier today and Chrome was the last browser I had active (in fact, got a message on shut-down that system was having a problem closing Chrome) and when the computer started back up, I got 4 instances of IE11 launching as soon as I logged back in. This was the first time I had multiple IE windows open. This has been happening for a few months, but I don't recall *exactly* when it started. I've verified that IE isn't in my StartUp folder.

Reaction score
I don't get it, I understand it'll be UEFI so no start option to open BIOS. But surely it must go to the OS primary page with or without a sign in password. I.E. your personalized or not active screen. To jump the first is understandable, but the secondary is you choosing to edit documents or choose internet, browser of your choice. Obviously I tried Winpple 10, and reverted to proper computing I just come here to reaffirm it wasn't worth it free :)

Reaction score
I restart my PC and everything I had open before I re-booted comes back up. There's a reason I rebooted. I wanted a clear PC or no programs running. It's being treated like a child.

Reaction score
Really?
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7779 2-in-1 with Win10, Creator Update, and when it starts up, either from a cold or warm boot, nothing starts up automatically that I haven't set up to do so. So, apparently it is not (Dell) hardware-related...

Reaction score
As I said -- maybe. If you google, you will find, as well as the comments in this thread, a coupl of pages on users with the occurence

Reaction score
After several days of experiment, I have solved my problem. In our home, from choice, our mobiles are plugged in to the computer usb ports, for charging, when we at home.
They are Windows phones and synchronised.
At night, when power is turned off to the computers, it also kills the mobiles.
When the computers are switched on in the morning, the mobiles go out to collect mail and sync. with their particular computers. This is seen on the computers as another device and pops up the folder and, when necessary, the outlook mailbox.
Extraordinary, but I now know what the unwanted screens are.

Reaction score
What do you mean, there is no desktop start after reboot only IE. Does the computer actually start up with a desktop and all relevant options. If not you need to check personalization on desktop.

Ask a Question