Since last update Internet Explorer opens every time I switch on computer.

Reaction score
What do you mean, there is no desktop start after reboot only IE. Does the computer actually start up with a desktop and all relevant options. If not you need to check personalization on desktop.
Not true.. I shut my PC off last night and I get up turn it back on and Chrome and 3 other programs I had running were back up and running after reboot Edge didn't shit. Yeah Chrome came up and 6 tabs were open from where I left off last night. I have no programs that start at boot up. everything is disabled in startup. I can't stand it! Iwant a clear PC. That's part of a reason to re-boot.

Reaction score
Not true.. I shut my PC off last night and I get up turn it back on and Chrome and 3 other programs I had running were back up and running after reboot Edge didn't shit. Yeah Chrome came up and 6 tabs were open from where I left off last night. I have no programs that start at boot up. everything is disabled in startup. I can't stand it! Iwant a clear PC. That's part of a reason to re-boot.
Then you'd better kill it, total fresh reinstall, if you aren't calling for the web someone else is. You may even have been involved in some hacking and DDoS attacks or maybe helping to mine Bits. Even Win 10 wouldn't do this to you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It was just a thought.
I saw davehc's comment about having his phones connected which seemed to account for some strange behavior.
Bottom line is..... I don't know. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Reaction score
It was just a thought.
I saw davehc's comment about having his phones connected which seemed to account for some strange behavior.
Bottom line is..... I don't know. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Yeah I get that, the phones shouldn't be connected on boot up anyway. How do you start a search with more than 1 possible start. But insider or beta player should not raise these concerns IE - you.

Reaction score
Really?
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7779 2-in-1 with Win10, Creator Update, and when it starts up, either from a cold or warm boot, nothing starts up automatically that I haven't set up to do so. So, apparently it is not (Dell) hardware-related...
Not ever however, say I close everything and 7 out 10 times some random simple app or a browser will boot up with it. even after shutting everything down. It drives me crazy, I'm old school when it comes to PC's "If something's wrong reboot it" it clears everything up.

Reaction score
Same issue.

Recently (Windows 10 Pro user, updates are current) every time I reboot computer, IE opens to the Goggle search page.. I generally never use IE (Firefox user) and only use IE for work log in page when working remotely. It is always shut down before I turn the system off. Firefox is last/current browser at shutdown.

I have checked Startup for IE (not there) , changed the IE page settings (as suggested) in IE and because IE is used by one of my VPNs for logging in - I can't just disable/remove IE from my system. I have run full virus scans and eliminated "redirectors/browser hijackers etc.

Because the regular Google search page always opens , even after I change the home page in IE to anything else...and save it.... I suspect this is more of Google somehow marketing itself on my laptop.... but until a few weeks ago.... this never happened.

As my Avatar indicates , I am not the guy to start editing my registry .... but at this point....

Reaction score
I still have this problem. I closed all the programs down before shutting my PC off. and I get home turn it back on AND EVERYTHING I WAS WORKING ON POPPED BACK UP! chrome with 16 tabs opened and snipping tool. This utter BS! There's nothing that starts up with my PC. Everything is disabled and it F'ing happens. I want a clean start!

Reaction score
Right click the lowest panel and pick out "Task Manager" > more info (if essential) > start-up and see if it's far set to auto begin, right click and disable it if it is showing!. :)

Reaction score
As the thread has been raised from the dead, I would just throw in. Mine still does it, but randomly. I haven't investigated it any deeper as it is not too bothersome.

Ask a Question