Has the installation media been updated since last year?

Reaction score
Sometime in the middle of last year I downloaded the installation media on to a USB drive. I tried Windows 10 but decided not to upgrade at that time.

My question is: If I re-download the media files today will they contain the latest Win 10 updates, or will the files be the same ones that I already have?

Because I have a very slow download speed (50 KB/s) I don't want to waste time downloading the files if they are going to be the same. Perhaps the process of obtaining the latest updates involves allowing Windows to get the updates after installation is complete. I want to avoid having to download all the updates since last year, if possible

Thanks in advance.

Trev

Reaction score
You will get the uptodate system. I did the upgrade e from W7 on a machine in late May and there as well I got the latest system.

However. You might want to wait until mid-late July to get the 'Anniversary Edition'. That will another 3Gb download and I'm sure will have many updates after than. I assume that update will be the last one before W10 stops being a free upgrade.

You have no option to go somewhere to download on a fast connection/ 50Kbs sounds like dialup.

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Tim. I might wait a bit, but don't want to leave it too late.

I have a 1GB monthly limit at about 200KB/s, after that it drops to
50KB/s. Have already exceeded the quota this month. I can ask my neighbor to help.

Thanks again - Trev

Ask a Question