Insider Preview build 16199

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK..... Not sure if I would want anything the emerges from the current chaos.
Think I'll wait and watch. See if things settle down some.
In the mean time, I'm keeping pretty busy, getting the pool ready for the grand daughter and her posse.
As I get older it seems my Memorial Day tradition of opening the pool, seems to stretch further and further into the month of June.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And the beat goes on.....
https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/871730872185049089
Bright and early this morning

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow.....
I'm guessing??? 16215??
But evidently not for a few hours.
That would be 5:00 P.M. my local time here in Chicagoland.
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I was just going to post this. I will give it one try, One failure and I am done. After almost 3 years they should at least get the install right.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
After almost 3 years they should at least get the install right
Sure would be nice.
Actually my installs, other than having to click the "Retry" button on a few haven't been much of a problem.
The results of the installs are another subject and have varied a bit from one to the other.

Frankly, I'm hoping for something a bit above what we've had so far with this Fall Update Insider process. Especially considering that they have recently convened and concluded a "bug bash".
AND
Maybe and ISO??? That would be nice also as I like to have a clean install option, even though neither of my two fast ring installs have much in the way of software installed

Reaction score
My System upgraded to 16199 1000 on Thursday All of a sudden Windows is near unusable when surfing the Net on FF and Cyberfox. When loading tabs in the background the computer slows to like my old win 98 boxes, and I have to wait for the tab to load as the computer is frozen, and the drive light is spinning like crazy. Is this the way that Miccy$oft is trying to get everyone to use Edge? Edge, what a hideous program. It won't import settings and passwords and even has problems with importing my bookmarks. But never an error message.
It also caused my Antivirus (Avast (that I have used all thru these builds since I built this one on the creator update, and turned on insider builds on the fast track.)) To error with the Ui failed to load. And trying to reinstall it I still get the same problem. So I am stuck with the 'Built in one' Which I hate with a Passion because A: you can't turn off shield control for testing purposes. And B: trying to disable it is hopeless, because like a Nasty Virus it keeps coming back!
Come on Microsoft enough of the Compaq 1980's like propriety software. Or do you want to drive people to Linux?

Regedit32

Reaction score
So I am stuck with the 'Built in one' Which I hate with a Passion because A: you can't turn off shield control for testing purposes. And B: trying to disable it is hopeless, because like a Nasty Virus it keeps coming back!

From the release of Creator Update, it became a littler trickier, but not impossible to disable Windows Defender and the entire Windows Defender Security Center.

First, right-click on Taskbar and select Task Manager
  • In the Task Manager window select the Startup tab
  • Right-click on Windows Defender notification icon and select Disable
Note: Doing this will prevent Windows from alerting you via the Action Center (Notifications) that your Security is compromised and needs addressing.

In an elevated command prompt enter the following two commands:
  • To disable Windows Defender
Code:
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  • To disable Windows Defender Security Center
Code:
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDefend" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

Note: This second command prevents the Windows Defender Security Center from starting, which takes out, PUPS scanning, Windows Defender scanning, and the Windows Firewall, including any inclusion/exclusion rules you may have setup for the firewall. It does not remove the Windows Defender Security Center app, so should you attempt to open the app, it will open to a blue panel briefly then crash and close - as it is now a disabled service.

Results in Security and Maintenance

img19.png

More information:

https://www.windows10forums.com/art...d-or-the-windows-defender-security-center.57/

Attachments

• img19.png
    img19.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 504

Ask a Question