Insider Preview Build 16226 for PC

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That has never been my experience although if this new attempt with the ISO ends up producing the same results (the definition of 'crazy'.... "doing the same thing expecting different results") I may try to employ that technique.
Generally in the past when it tells me it is "awaiting a restart" I have restarted and the upgrade completed as normal.
As a matter of fact, last night when I was employing the UUPtoISO utility to construct the ISO, the computer restarted itself. I was outside the "active hours" (it was after midnight here) so twenty minutes or so into the process the system did its' own restart.
Also, I didn't note any unusual hard drive activity after the upgrade completed and announced that it was awaiting a restart, so I assumed that nothing much was going on and as is my practice, that is when I used that idle time to construct the ISO (before the restart).

I'm about 20% into this third attempt. We'll see how this one goes.

Reaction score
I got the same results, I am done with this. I have wasted enough time on this BS.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND..... I've arrived.
Wiped the contents of the software distribution folder (again), got rid of $WINDOWS.~BT (again).
Disconnected the Cat5 (Ethernet) cable, so no internet connection.
Mounted the ISO
Performed the in-place upgrade from that virtual drive and magically everything went normally almost boringly.
After the three or so normal staged reboots during the course of the installation 16266 is installed...... finally.
I must say that this one was the biggest P.I.T.A of any Insider Preview that I have previously installed and I've been doing it since the program was first introduced.

Capture1.PNG

Whew!.png
Glad it's over..... temporarily, until next time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I see that today they ammended the known issues for pc section of the blog post to include the problem that I was having.https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-16226-pc/#htQeRcqV0fUUCvSb.97
ADDED 6/22: When attempting to install this build and you reboot to kick off the process, your machine may appear to complete a normal reboot but not begin the actual install of the build. Running the Windows Update troubleshooter via Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot may alleviate this issue.
OR it may not alleviate this issue. I pretty much manually did what the troubleshooter typically does and found myself right back in the same position again, until I got rid of the update files that were downloaded and manually performed the update from a homemade ISO.
Although if it happens again next time, I will certainly give the built-in troubleshooter a test drive.
No objection to that at all.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Just spotted what might be a minor glitch, but it could just be our Forum too.

Using Edge browser, at random times when typing in the Forum, the cursor jumps back one spot causing what you type to be rather random.

E.G -- if typing Windows PowerShell you can end up with this instead: Winswod llehSrewoP

Reaction score
The sleep function still dose not work. I reported this on the very first 169XX build.

Reaction score
I fixed the above but Cortana does not function at all. She will not answer any question. I cannot place this build in sleep , well I can but when I wake it up it restarts. I have had this issue in every 169XX build and with every 162XX builds, reported it about 20 times. Other than the Cortana and sleep issue it seems pretty stble but to be honest there is nothing in this Fall CU that makes me want to have it.

Reaction score
so i restarted twice and nothing happened to update my current 16215 build... any ideas?
Uninstall Dotnet 3.5 from the Programs and Features in the old Control Panel the turn windows features on or off then Unselect Dotnet 3.5 includes 2.0 and 3.0. and restart and it should behave it's self did for me

Ask a Question