INSTALL PROGRAM TO SECONDARY DRIVE

Reaction score
I would like to install a program on a secondary drive. It is a previous version of a massive program that I have installed on my C drive that contains multiple research texts, including foreign language texts. So there are actually multiple searchable texts working under one blanket, which are probably programs in and of themselves. The earlier blanket program had to be removed in order to install the current version. But now I find that one of the searchable text has not been included in the revised program so I would like to install the earlier version on another hard drive. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much in advance. Sheila

Reaction score
The name of the program is not mentioned so getting specific help will be difficult. I do Custom installs on those computers with a second drive or a second partition on the only drive. When uninstalling a program it's essential all the data files created when using the program are copied or backed up to a separate drive first so as to get them all back, especially if intending to reinstall that program.

Reaction score
hello. I apologize for not replying sooner and thank you for your response. The name of the program is PC Bible Study "One Touch Professional" by Biblesoft.com .

I would not be uninstalling a program. It is already uninstalled and the latest version installed in its place. However the old version has benefits that the new version does not have. Both versions cannot be installed at the same time. So I would like to install the old program on a secondary drive so that it does not interfere with the first one. I may have to install windows on the secondary drive to do that. Do you think a virtual machine might work? Thank you

Reaction score
The usual issue with 2 of the same program is in sharing support files and Registry entries, no matter which drive they are on. I'd think in lieu of a second computer it should work to use a VM/Virtual Machine, I don't do those as I have actual machines back to WinXP. Another option is if the program offers a Portable version such as with the free LibreOffice, some image-editing programs, etc., that don't actually install but can be stored on other drives such as a USB Thumb drive and ran from there.

Ask a Question