Installed program, deinstalled it. Now I cannot install it again

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have installed a program (this one: https://strusoft.com/products/fem-design). However, there was some problems using the program so the support advised me to do a reinstall. I uninstalled the program but now I cannot install it again.

When hit the .msi install file I get an error like this: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wp-c...-installation-package-could-not-be-opened.png
I can install other programs but not this one.
Other people can install the program using the same .msi-file.

I have searched for the error and done alot of things. Unfortunately nothing helped. Can I have some remains from the former installed program that is blocking? Or what can I try?

Reaction score
Just being curious I looked at the link given and see the company has a Trial version, is that what you installed? Harkening back to the days of Shareware, many try then buy softwares would leave behind markers on the hard drive and once uninstalled without buying would not again install, kept folks from uninstalling then installing again to avoid buying. The only way to do it again was with a clean install of the OS which got rid of those markers.

Reaction score
Just being curious I looked at the link given and see the company has a Trial version, is that what you installed? Harkening back to the days of Shareware, many try then buy softwares would leave behind markers on the hard drive and once uninstalled without buying would not again install, kept folks from uninstalling then installing again to avoid buying. The only way to do it again was with a clean install of the OS which got rid of those markers.
Hmmm, it was not the trial version, but a student license. Maybe there could be some markers, that's my best guess, too.

However, I would prefer to avoid reinstalling Win10.

Ask a Question