Windows is installed on both Disc 0 and Disc 3

Reaction score
I recently got a tower PC that has both an HDD and a SSD. When I went into Computer Management, I noticed that some form of Windows 10 is installed on both Disc 0 and Disc 3. When looking at the drives, they show as:

Disc 0: EFI System / C: Windows - Boot, Page File, Crash dump, Basic data partition / Recovery Partition - Basic data partition
Disc 1: D: Data - Basic data partition / F: Backups - Basic data partition / G: Personal - Basic data partition
Disc 2: K: Windows RE Tools / Unallocated
Disc 3: M: Windows - Basic data partition / Unallocated

All drives suddenly appeared in File Explorer. Priorly. only C, D, F, and G did.

C, D, F, G, K, M are all NTFS

Disc 1
is a partition I made and then divided.

What is the purpose of Windows on Disc 3 and the Unallocated spaces? Can they be deleted and/or merged?

Can you tell me how to determine which drive letters are on which of the 2 hard drives, HDD or SSD?

Reaction score
Hi PP,

please paste a screenshot of your disk management so we can get a better idea. Open Computer Management > Disk Management. :)

1612773937416.png

Reaction score
Hi PP,

yes you can expand (grow) the drives with unallocated space!.

If you open System Info > Components > Storage > Drives & Disks, it gives you the info you need (see pics below). :)

1612859920032.png

1612859944746.png

Ask a Question