Installed windows 10 and now home page doesn't load

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me, I loaded the windows 10 upgrade on my HP G60 notebook and now the desktop home page just flashes between blank and showing my desktop icons. I am unable to do anything else with it. I have tried all the shutdowns and reboots but nothing is working. So basically I have a useless laptop that im not too happy about. I should also mention that I was running windows 7

Reaction score
If all else fails........
If you have the Win 7 installation media, perhaps you would consider going back to Win 7.
Wait till Microsoft have things sorted out, then you can reinstall Win 10.
You have until July 28th, 2016 to use the free upgrade offer.

Sorry. I'm afraid my reply is not much of a help to you.

Reaction score
Thanks David, I dont have the installation media forwindows 7 or I certainly would go back. Kind of stuck with nothing now. Im also not to computer savvy so my repair options are kind of limited as far as my ability to do major work

Reaction score
If all else fails........
If you have the Win 7 installation media, perhaps you would consider going back to Win 7.
Wait till Microsoft have things sorted out, then you can reinstall Win 10.
You have until July 28th, 2016 to use the free upgrade offer.

Sorry. I'm afraid my reply is not much of a help to you.
What are you talking about man course it is you are one of the best people i know to solve win 10 problems it might not help him but it might help someone else that sees this forum

Reaction score
Thanks David, I dont have the installation media forwindows 7 or I certainly would go back. Kind of stuck with nothing now. Im also not to computer savvy so my repair options are kind of limited as far as my ability to do major work

After Win 10 was installed, did it ever work ?
Or, it failed to work at first start ?

Ask a Question