installing windows 10 says win 7 product number did not work

Reaction score
I doubled check it on the window 7 box and I typed it right but it says the number didn't work, what gives? I have nothing but problems trying to install win 10. I have done everything I have seen about the error C190011F and still nothing works. I'm really getting frustrated at this. What the heck is the problem?

Reaction score
Were you doing a Clean Install ?
If yes, clean install will require the Windows 10 product key which no body has. It was not asking for your Win 7 key.

You were not supposed to do a clean install.
You were expected to do an Upgrade Install either by Windows Update or by downloading Win 10 ISO and do an in-place upgrade install.
After upgrade install is successful and activated, THEN, you can do clean install any time and as often as you want, BUT not before.

Please reply back before I know what or how to continue.

Reaction score
both those methods didn't work for me either. I didn't finish that install, that was my last choice after the first 2 didn't work for me. I can't upgrade from the iso [I get this.....

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SetupHost.exe

Application Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Application Timestamp: 559f385f

Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.0.7601.21878

Fault Module Timestamp: 4eeb01b4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000001583b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: db2f

Additional Information 2: db2f6fda59ed74ad5cc83600ccf0aaba

Additional Information 3: c7c1

Additional Information 4: c7c102833b1ee5bc8b0be3c6bbbbdb6d

and the upgrade through update gives me this error C190011F

Reaction score
I am sorry. I can't think of a way to help you.
Please wait for some one else to come along.
Good luck.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I doubled check it on the window 7 box and I typed it right but it says the number didn't work, what gives?
Hello Debbie and welcome to the forum.
As davidhk129 has already stated....
There is not and should be no, product key involved or used at any point during the process or upgrading from a previous qualifying version of Windows to Windows 10, so......
In that respect your Thread Title is a bit confusing.

Regarding your second post.
Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
Microsoft Visual C Runtime (dynamic link library) is software installed on your computer, often a product of another Software Installation (something like the Catalyst Control Center to support a ATI / AMD video card).

I've done some searching with respect to that error involving, installing / upgrading to Windows 10 and there seems to be no single definitive solution available. Just pages and pages of other folks with a similar issue.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3&y=13#/Windows/windows_10-windows_install//1

Within those pages there are a couple things that a very few people have found helpful but for the most part, no magic bullet.

Ask a Question