Intel WiDi causes BSOD

Reaction score
Hello, I'm fairly new to the forum and I don't know the rules yet, but I'm hoping you won't be too harsh with me for being a noob. Anyways, I recently started having some trouble with my Dell Inspiron 15 7567 while using Intel WiDi to connect to my LG Smart TV, whenever I connect to the TV the screen freezes and displays the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, saying that Netwtw04.sys failed. I think it's worth noting that my processor (Intel Core i5-7300HQ) is undervolted with an offset of -0.150 V, could that have anything to do with this?

Reaction score
That driver, netwtw04.sys started causing problems for one of my systems when the Creator's Update was released. I even warned Dell of the problem.

Getting the latest driver for the Intel card will probably help. If you have the 3165 wireless, I changed mine to a better Intel card and the Blue Screens stopped. It may have stopped with the newer drivers but I did not give it time to find out. Currently, I am running a Killer wireless 1535 on my 7567 for testing.

I don't have a smart TV for testing which I can connect with. As far as I know, Intel WiDi is no longer used. But it gets confusing where that process overlaps with the Miracast stuff.

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but it's been quite a busy week for me... It seems like updating the Intel Wireless Display drivers fixed it, thanks for re-directing me to that thread!

Ask a Question