Is this a virus/malware? Please see actual screenshots shared

Reaction score
Hi,

I just checked system registry and I see some really odd/weird text there. Does know anyone know what this means? Is my system infected and how can I get rid of this odd text from my registry without harming my system?

My system details: (I have only changed the device and product ids as I don't wish to share those details here)

Any guidance/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1550094169582.png
    1550094169582.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Reaction score
It could be a virus or malware, missing Font file [is a second language involved?] or it could simply be a corruption of the Registry. The Registry is made up of 5 text files known as Hives. Sometimes a registry cleaner will help but could also be dangerous if a misstep is made. I'd start by doing a full Error Checking of the files/drive [File Explorer, Tools tab] which will run after a reboot and run SFC /SCANNOW.

Reaction score
It could be a virus or malware, missing Font file [is a second language involved?] or it could simply be a corruption of the Registry. The Registry is made up of 5 text files known as Hives. Sometimes a registry cleaner will help but could also be dangerous if a misstep is made. I'd start by doing a full Error Checking of the files/drive [File Explorer, Tools tab] which will run after a reboot and run SFC /SCANNOW.

Thank you for your reply.

How do we do this:

files/drive [File Explorer, Tools tab] which will run? .... after a reboot and run SFC /SCANNOW

Reaction score
Are you having problems with programs not working correctly? Which ones?

Reaction score
If you've run a scan with a good AV, and malwarebytes and it came up clean, and you're not having issues with any programs, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I've seen entries in the registry like that before. Have you looked ate the registry entires in the folder? May give a clue what they are from. Like Bighorn said, it could be related to a specific font or even a program.

Reaction score
Sometimes my computer goes to sleep but then doesn't wake up even when I press the power button etc. That's the only abnormality. The rest seems to be working fine. I am wondering if a virus/malware is causing this sleep issue. The text does look odd and I hope you guys are right about it. Malware and AVG bootscan didn't find anything about from some corrupt files. However, AVG didn't allow me to delete these corrupted files.

Please advise.

Ask a Question