ISO burn failure

Reaction score
After downloading the Media tool, 64bit, and then downloading the iso file, I hit the Burn button. I have done this on two different machines with two different downloads. Used two different iso burn programs--even MS. Both had errors--see attached file.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• burn.JPG
    burn.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,504
Reaction score
If you have the ISO file stored somewhere on your computer I would suggest using IMG-Burn.
It's a free program and one the best out there to burn ISO files to a disc. Another good one to use
is ISO-Burn.

It's always best just to download the ISO file and store it somewhere on your system and then burn it to the media of you choice, either a USB thumb drive or a blank DVD. BTW, be sure you use good quality blank DVD discs. IF they're not a name brand such as Verbatim, Memorex, etc. you may have issues. Stay away from non-branded generic disks cause their failure rate may be quite high.

Reaction score
If you have the ISO file stored somewhere on your computer I would suggest using IMG-Burn.
It's a free program and one the best out there to burn ISO files to a disc. Another good one to use
is ISO-Burn.

It's always best just to download the ISO file and store it somewhere on your system and then burn it to the media of you choice, either a USB thumb drive or a blank DVD. BTW, be sure you use good quality blank DVD discs. IF they're not a name brand such as Verbatim, Memorex, etc. you may have issues. Stay away from non-branded generic disks cause their failure rate may be quite high.

I use quality DVDs and I used your program, IMG-Burn, and it showed lots of errors. However, I did get a good USB iso. I'll try to use that, but one of my machines has a very old MB, and on the bios there really isn't a boot to USB listed. There is "Other device", and I will try that to see if it will see the USB.
Did you try to make a DVD iso?
Also, do you know what that error msg was in the attached jpg?

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
It meant that somethings amiss with the burner drive. Try burning at say 8X or even 4X especially if it's an older burner over 4-5 years old. Have you ever cleaned the burner lens? A lot of people forget about that the lens can get dusty or dirty over the years.

Ask a Question