issue with ram leak since windows 10 update

Reaction score
hi i need some help i updated to windows 10 today and now when i try to play any games for example need for speed most wanted 2012 the game just lags and is unplayable when i check the task manage it says im using 99% of my memory and my cpu is also using 90% i have an hp dv7 laptop with the intel i5 processor hd 4000 graphics. also there is now this task called service host which is using up most of my memory as well please help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It's not unusual for a lot of various windows processes running under a "service host" banner to consume a lot of system resources after the OS is first installed.
This usually will diminish over time as the new OS gets its' proverbial ducks in a row.
Make sure you have all your windows updates as well as store app updates completed.
However, it is also not unusual for malware to also run under the mask of a service host banner.
Maybe hit it with the free version of https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
See if anything turns up.

Ask a Question