Win 10 1703 (os build 15063.296) startup programs with pc issues

Reaction score
howdy, back in march i had an issue with 2 or 3 startup folders n programs not starting with pc issues with an os build update to get no real help, issues either sorted them selves out or i fixed some, now the lates build has recked startup programs again and ive had up to 8 start-up folders, some empty and some with startup programs in, when i delete they come straight back, but for the life of me after following numerouse posts, my stardock objectdock plus/logitech gaming software/aida64/msi afterburner refuses to start with pc, ive uninstalled, cleaned drives/registry of leftovers, reinstalled, added programs to startup folder, made sure in settings start with pc checked but still refuse to start with pc. the extra start-up folders i delete but they just keep coming back, webroot n malwarebytes say i'm clean of any virus/malware so i'm stumped and really miffed off.
any help well appreciated

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
IDK, it sounds like you've already taken all the steps I might suggest trying, and then some.
I assume you've checked them in the Startup tab in Task Manager and assured that they are not disabled. Likewise
Check C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
And
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
To confirm their presence or absence
As well as
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

So. failing all of that, it might come down to a Group Policy setting
gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration
Administrative Templates
System
Logon (Do not process the legacy run list..... Do not process the run once list...... Run these programs at user logon
SAME
Location under "User Configuration" so check both places.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i will check the programdata/appdata/and registry, will post on how i get on, cheers

Reaction score
howdy, tonight i started to follow your suggestions, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp, the odd thing is it stops at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows, i dont have Start Menu\Programs\StartUp. on the registry strings none of them have any of the programs in question, ive already ran sfc /scannow and that did'nt sort out the missing Menu\Programs\StartUp.
i want to run the refresh pc option but it alway wants to remove basically 3/4 of programs i have installed and naff up registry for all games installed also, but i suppose it will sort my issues out, hopefully.
cheers for the help

Reaction score
howdy, trouble if you check this post out see if you can give me any more info, basically i ran refresh pc whick at 1st forted my programs startup, but now its basically done same again, uploaded pick, any help on what can keep messing around with my PC.
i use webroot secure anywhere complete which says i'm clean, malwarebutes also says clean, checked programs i use through virus total which does not flag anything, basically i'm baffled, cheers

Attachments

• startup folders.png
    startup folders.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 560
Reaction score
hi, cheers for reply but getting issues with your mentioned way, no matter which way i go win 10 wants to remove all my programs a ram win 10 in clean
XeTjL

Ask a Question