Issues Installing Updates to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Reaction score
I have recently purchased an HP ENVY 17t laptop with Windows 10 Pro on it. Soon after starting up the computer, I installed the Anniversary Update with no issues. I tried to purchase two games from the Windows Store and that's when my problems started. I received errors that that the games I purchased could not be installed due to error code 0x80d05001. This error is now showing up when the system tries to install system updates as well. Below is are two screen shots from my update status screens from the Settings app:

upload_2016-9-14_15-29-15.png

upload_2016-9-14_15-29-56.png

I have tried to research the error codes and have not found any solutions to fix them. Please let me know who I can eliminate these errors. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Do you know what the error means? If not, there is a file named CBS.log in the Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You can open it with notepad and do a search for the number. It should show what it means.

You don't need to go into Safe Mode to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder, just stop Windows Update in the Services panel, not from Task Manager.

Reaction score
Took the first suggestion and renamed the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder in safe mode. This didn't work. I then opened the CBS.log file in Notepad and looked for the error code 0x80d050001 and it was not in the file. So I am back to where I started. Other research indicated that this error has something to do with purchasing apps from the Windows store. I purchased two free apps and this is when this mess started. I saw on another blog that I needed to run the store troubleshooter program, however, that did not appear to do anything.

Now I am stuck as to what to do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Are you running with a Microsoft Account logon?

Have you tried uninstalling or reinstalling the apps you mention?

Do you have any problems with other functions of Win 10, such as OneDrive or mail apps?

Edit: Are you using a Proxy Server?

Reaction score
Yes, I am using my Microsoft account to log into my computer. The apps I purchased from the store never installed in the first place - got that infamous 0x80d05001 error. I've had no other problems with One Drive, or the mail app. I will try installing the apps again and report back in a little while.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I just tried installing Pandora on my laptop. It stated to download, then gave me an error. When I looked at the error message, it gave me the code 0x80d05001. It appears there are updates to other UWP apps that are getting the same error code as well.

Ask a Question