SOLVED It is about 3 weeks I cannot send and receive SMSs. It is Lumia 950 XL on T-mobile.

Reaction score
It is about 3 weeks I cannot send and receive SMSs. It is Lumia 950 XL on T-mobile. I called help to T-mobile. An agent did not help, send me to tech support they did not help, opened ticket it did not help too. I've reset APN several times and reset phone but it did not help. I put SIM to another phone (Lumia 920) and was able to send and receive SMSs. So the problem is in Lumia 950 XL settings or updates.
The question is what I can set, change or check on my Lumia 950 XL?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you tried a hard factory reset? It involves some key combo inputs. Have you gotten in firmware updates for your phone through your ISP. If not you might want to ask them to push it to you.

• While your phone is completely shut off, hold down both the power button and the volume down button. (if your phone turns on, you need to repeat this process). This combo should be held for approximately 10 to 15 seconds until a vibration is felt.
  • After the vibration is felt, release the power button and keep holding the volume down button. You should now see an exclamation mark on your screen.
  • Now press the following key combinations: Volume up, Volume Down, Power Button, Volume Down.
  • Your phone will now reset itself to factory defaults.
reference link: https://www.onmsft.com/news/how-to-hard-factory-reset-your-lumia-950-or-lumia-950-xl

Here's a video I found on how to do that......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=JPULXoufkM4

Reaction score
I did hard factory reset and it works now. As I expected I've lost some settings. One of the important was apps layout. That is why I was scare of this.
Thanks to everybody for help.

Ask a Question