It started with no sync problem with my Outlook 2010 mail

Reaction score
Hi, after the latest update of 14 September 2016 I did not seem to have any problems.
Then on Sunday 18 September when I looked at my Outlook Mail, I got error warnings:
0x8004102A and 0x8DE00005 which only seemed to effect my Microsoft Outlook Mail Account.
Since then a lot happened and I am not sure if can remember everything.
I went to Settings and Accounts and noticed that Sync Your Setting was turned off. (?)
I seemed to be caused by my Local Account and I created a Microsoft Login Account.
After that I was able to switch on my Sync Settings again.
I than got a message to verify my "new" Microsoft Account which I did.
Hoped that my Microsoft Mail Outlook 2010 Account was now working but to no avail.
Made the big step of deleting my Microsoft Account and re-installing it again which it did.
My problem now is that the functions of my Local Mail Account and my Microsoft Mail Account have changed.
Even my Mail Contacts have separated in 2 Groups: my Local Contacts and my Microsoft Contacts.
Is there a possibility that I can set-up Outlook Mail like it was working before ?
Do I have to click the Send/Receive button of my Local Mail every time I want to see if there are any new mails ?
I am confused the way Outlook Mail is working now.
Hopefully some body can help me ?
Cheers from Wilbert

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

Outlook.com has discontinued support for older email programs such as Windows Live Mail 2012.

I would suspect Outlook 2010 may need a patch or is no longer supported when using Outlook.com. I am using the 2013 version of Outlook with no issues.

Please refer to this Microsoft document when using Outlook 2010.

This fix may work or you will have to determine if Outlook 2010 is supported on the new version of Outlook.com.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Jaco, sorry for the misunderstanding but it is the change in the Microsoft Outlook Mail 2010 program that is the problem. Since I deleted and re-installed my Microsoft Account is working fine. It is the other Irish Mail Account which is run by Outlook Mail 2010 that is functioning differently which is my Default mail account. 95% of my mail is going through this account. I only had to create the Microsoft Mail Account when I started to use Windows Live Mail in the past. Cheers

Ask a Question