SOLVED just installed win10: the ''Apps & Features" confusing or wrong

Reaction score
I had Office 2010, among other software, installed prior to the upgrade. having checked all but when looking at 'Apps & Features" there is something definitely wrong. 1st of all it says, for ex. "Get Office" which I assume is a link of some sort asking me if i want to download and buy office? Is is correct? If so, how come it doesn't know i already have it and it is installed" And can I uninstall this 'shortcut' or whatever it is?
Then, and this is what I find truly odd, below this I can see My Office professional BUT it says ''unavailable''. However it is available, I can see it on my task bar and I have already used it prior to noticing this. This tells me one of 2 possibilities exists:
-1- either the version i have was recognized but yet wasn't--i don't really know how to explain this--If I open Word I can see a product version and Product ID (If my name is supposed to show as well I don't see it but mu options-->general settings do show it as i had it previously)
or
-2- it is a''come-with-windows'' trial version,which I doubt considering the Product ID

anyhow the same goes for other software, any advice would be appreciated
In total there are 24 'unavailable' in which 3 I have used and one includes the sound driver and yet i could hear the system sounds.
Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
which I assume is a link of some sort asking me if i want to download and buy office? Is is correct?
Yes
And can I uninstall this 'shortcut' or whatever it is?
Yes.... just right click it and choose uninstall
The rest that is referencing "Unavailable" is not something to concern yourself with.
It is simply that the API for that program (Application Programing Interface) simply was designed before Windows 10 as does not no how to report some details to the Apps & Features app.

Reaction score
Thank you Noob Whisperer. If I may, though I have checked to mark this thread to get instant reply I never did get one. I only noticed your reply since I was here with another question.

Ask a Question