Keyboard cutting out when typing

Reaction score
Hey there,
Ever since updating to windows 10 yesterday my keyboard's not been working properly. When I type, it will randomly cut out and reconnect moments later. However, it's not like a normal disconnect, as if I'm typing in a field, the field will be de-selected, and will then reselect, as if I clicked out of the box and clicked back in again, even if I leave the mouse in the field I am typing in. My keyboard is a mechanical apple keyboard (one of the newer ones) and I've made every effort to get the correct drivers installed. As far as I'm aware I have the same drivers installed as I did in Windows 7, and it worked fine then. If anyone has any idea what could be causing this I'm greatly appreciate it, as it's pretty frustrating.
Thanks all
Vyto

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Whatever the issue is, I believe it is what has been annoying me in Youtube as well. When in full screen, I repeatedly get the "you are now watching YouTube in full screen mode. Press esc to exit." message at roughly the same interval as this annoying cutout in the typing. Are you experiencing that as well? For being "the most tested windows ever," there's a lot of annoying little bugs that have popped up.

Reaction score
I've found that it only happens on my laptop after it has gone into sleep mode. If I restart, it works fine. It basically acts as though whatever window is in the foreground suddenly falls off of the foreground, as though something else has popped up in front of it for a second or two.

Reaction score
It's a similar problem to the guy in the thread you linked above, but it doesn't affect me when playing games in fullscreen mode. I'm going to see if whether my computers been turned on/off or put to sleep will make a difference. If it's of any use, my computer's a Mac Pro 2007 with various changes to the internal hardware. All drivers have been manually updated by me as my computer won't support bootcamp 5, so the drivers designed for my computer don't support anything later than Windows 7.

Reaction score
Normally I'd suggest that the issue is that you are using it on a Mac with out of date drivers, but I get the same issue on my laptop so it's pretty clear that it is something universal. I hope this thread gets addressed by someone who has some idea what's going on soon. I don't like being unable to just close my laptop up. So far system restarts seem to fix the issue temporarily for me, but that's certainly far from ideal.

Reaction score
So, seeing as how there still has been no response to this, I'm going to add an update. While the system reboot tends to fix it for me, it seems that it doesn't only happen out of sleep mode. Sometimes it does this when I start it up. Like right now. A system reboot has always been enough to fix the issue, but it's frustrating having to reboot at least once a day.

Reaction score
Hey again people, I managed to find a solution!
So, as it turns out, the random deselecting of the main windows was caused by the driver I had installed to handle my wifi was continuously breaking and reopening, and when windows tried to look for a solution, it changed the main process to the thing looking for the solution. This would happen over and over again without me knowing.

https://i.gyazo.com/a35760798294464831cdafcf2eb7b54a.png
As shown in the link, go to the Windows Reliability Monitor and see if any programs are causing issues. As you can see, 2 processes (WLTRAY.EXE and Broadcom, drivers I'd installed for my wireless card) has stopped working over eleven thousand times since i'd turned my computer on this morning! by simply uninstalling them and rebooting my computer the problem's disappeared. Hopefully something similar was causing the problem for you guys and this will be useful.

Ask a Question