Keyboard not recognized

Reaction score
When booting up my keyboard is not recognized at all. I have tried mutliple different keyboards and none work. I know i can use ease of access to use a virtual keyboard but when i click on the icon with my mouse nothing happens. However i can interact with shutting down and wi-fi.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
More information please.....
What kind of computer are we talking about..... Laptop, Desktop, other....Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number?
What kind of keyboard and how is it connected to the computer?
Has this just started happening? How long have you been running Wndows 10? Which version / build of Windows 10 are you running?
Was Windows 10 pre-installed? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous OS? Have you ever had any pre-existing issues with your keyboard or other hardware devices on the computer?
Can you use the keyboard in legacy mode, for example..... entering and navigating through the BIOS?
At what point does the keyboard stop working? Can you dismiss the lock screen by striking the space bar, can you log in on the sign-in screen?

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Trouble, post: 49844, memb
More information please.....
What kind of computer are we talking about..... Laptop, Desktop, other....Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number?
I have a Dell Desktop (tower only) thats from early 2015.

What kind of keyboard and how is it connected to the computer?

I have tried the Dell keyboard that came with it, A microsoft keyboard and a Logitech keyboard. All through USB (first 2 with USB 2.0 and the last with USB 3.0)
Has this just started happening? How long have you been running Wndows 10? Which version / build of Windows 10 are you running?

Just happened today, It was pre-installed when i first got the computer and it is on the current patch
Was Windows 10 pre-installed? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous OS? Have you ever had any pre-existing issues with your keyboard or other hardware devices on the computer?

Yes, No, No.
Can you use the keyboard in legacy mode, for example..... entering and navigating through the BIOS?
At what point does the keyboard stop working? Can you dismiss the lock screen by striking the space bar, can you log in on the sign-in screen?[/QUOTE]

No keys work except the Lock keys

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So during P.O.S.T. when you see the Dell Logo, can you strike the F2 key on your keyboard and enter the System Setup Utility (BIOS) and continue to use the keyboard to navigate through the available screens?

Ask a Question