Language popup mystry

Reaction score
1637757284732.png

I think I can guess what this means but I do not understand it. I have opened the Advanced Options in Speech Recognition the Control Panel and have tried just about every option there, but still this popup appears whenever I launch Windows Ten. Plus there is only one language set in Settings, it is English UK / GB. The only other language available is English USA which I have also tried but without success. This is why I do not understand the statement about recogniser and user interface matching, as it cannot do anything other than match --- there is no other possibiliy I can select.

Help with this will be welcome!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
7translation A quicky. - Look under the startup tab and see if you hace anything there, starting a language program.

My first thought, though, is that it is some kind of spam. What happens if you click OK?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. When I click OK the popup closes. I was not sure if there was any other result (partly because I have another problem with sound,which may or may not be related (see below). But I had not been able to get the speech to text function to work. So I downloaded a couple of speech apps from the store, which took some time to get them working but as eventually I suceeded that shows the 'function is functioning' once I master the relevant app. So I still have possibly pointless popups.

Now to the issue I have with sound. This may not be relevant to this post so if so let me know and I will open another if necessary, but just in case I will briefly outline it here. For several weeks I have been getting really terrible screeching from the speakers (both internal and external) which reminds me of the feedback howel when a public address system is malfunctioning. Also, I can hear 'background' noise, echoing such as the TV or coughing noises I make, in addition to the intended sound from an app, such as music or spoken text. At least for the short term I have stopped this by changing settings in Ear Trumpet or Volumey. In the latter if I move the slider for SVCHOST to very / low or zero the screeching stops while sound from speekers remains OK. I know that SVCHOST can refer to many things but I would like to know what its relevance is in this case?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Leave your post in this thread. I feel perhaps both problems could be related.

I am certain another member will give good advice.

Ask a Question