Laptop Always Messing Up

Reaction score
I use a acer E1-510-2602 model i bought a year ago. It came with windows 8.1 and ever since that day my windows always messes up and i always refresh the laptop. I upgraded to windows 10 hoping that it would end but am still having the same issue meaning i always have to re install windows almost every month and the most annoying thing is that it doesn't recognize any windows in any hard disk i put into the machine at all and my hard disk with its windows doesn't also boot in any laptop i place it into. Am so confused, it is the hard disk on its my laptop?? :(:(:(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it doesn't recognize any windows in any hard disk i put into the machine at all
and my hard disk with its windows doesn't also boot in any laptop i place it into
Those two comments are completely sensible as hard disks containing a operating system are not universally interchangeable between computers nor is one likely to boot an alternate system as there are so many hardware considerations that may impact the boot process Beginning with Legacy versus UEFI BIOS for one MRB versus GPT partitioning for another.
Am so confused, it is the hard disk on its my laptop??
Could be.... it would certainly be worth looking into. Maybe consider running the native Check Disk utility against it and see what information that provides.

Reaction score
I see threads where the OP has lost the correct boot device for some reason. I have not seen a common reason for such and it hasn't happened to me.

I have seen systems with certain types of drives which will not recognize a drive during boot which will remove it from the boot device menu. Possibly some situation happen because the boot drive has been corrupted and won't allow a boot.

Possible solutions may be to first see if there is a bios update for that system. If it won't boot, check the bios to make sure it is set as first priority for boot and a UEFI system needs the Windows Boot Manager as the first boot device.

If you can't find a solution in the bios, perhaps a different drive is required. If you are using an SSD, try a HDD in case the system is having a problem with the SSD.

There may even be a small possibility involving the battery, power transformer for the unit.

Ask a Question