SOLVED laptop won't start since windows 10

Reaction score
Can anyone help with a couple of issues I'm having since installing windows 10? Firstly, my laptop has trouble starting now. It takes about 20 tries before it will actually start. It either goes directly to a black screen and does nothing, or it will start to go through the process but then goes to black screen and stops doing anything. Also, my sleep mode stopped working the night windows 10 was installed, it does the same thing when I try to wake it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you so much for response. This is very helpful. It helps that I now know this has been a problem for others and not just me. I will check into this. I feel better already.

Reaction score
Clay, it would be helpful if you would fill in you system specs. Or at least let us know the brand name and age of your notebook.
That said not all notebooks are compatible with Windows 10, Most notebooks that are compatible, will only work with the correct hardware drivers. You would find these drivers on the support web site for your brand and model notebook. with notebooks small things can create great problems just as you are describing. Its possible you'll need to update your BIOS to be compatible with Windows 10, and some hardware drivers will need to be installed on your notebook before you attempt to upgrade to windows 10. Notebooks/laptops etc are individual cases. I just gave you the generally known issues

Ask a Question