SOLVED Leftover Windows.old folder - again

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I've done the Hidden Files thing, the setting of the View Option Change Folder & Search Options. checked the Tab and unchecked the Hide System Protected Files. It still shows zero contents.
As far as the rest, the BIOS etc, I've had a Technician go through all that and his advise was to leave it for it's not hurting anything. So I've hidden the thing.
If you had your hands on this computer, I'd say take over & I'm sure you would fix whatever's going on there. But if I begin fooling around with that again, I'm going to have a computer that won't reboot. Have you ever heard of a Windows.old Folder that one cannot delete or remove?
I should add, I just did the Disk Cleanup and it got rid of all the Files in Windows.old but the Directory remains. But at least, there's not two Windows.old which I thought there might be. So obviously, it got rid of one but I think it's the older one that is still there. Strange, hey?

Reaction score
It is? I never noticed. It doesn't bother me. I just thought with this new Update, Microsoft would have automatically taken care of it and was wondering if they had.

Ask a Question