Lenovo PC with windows 10, unable to find wi-fi adapter

Reaction score
1) Device Manager does not show the adapter... I tried the hidden files, I do not see the wireless adapter (i see bluetooth adapter)

2) tried winsock reset but also no luck

thanks for any help

1599443696881.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Homer77,

what type of Lenovo PC is it?, what version of Win 10 do you have?. Have you tried switching the WiFi device off and on using the switches on your keyboard (if any). If it is a USB type, have you unplugged it and tried a different USB port?. :)

Reaction score
Yoga 3 Pro-1370 Laptop (Lenovo)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Inbuilt Wi-fi adapter
I am not exactly sure what my switch on the keyboard is but I tried Windows + F5 (nothing happens)

I have no ethernet port so unable to connect to the internet with that laptop.

thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
no i tried to download the driver from lenovo for my model onto a usb drive and then transferred over to the laptop to install but was unsuccessful

airport mode is off

Reaction score
ok i just tried again and looks like it worked...hope this is it! will keep you posted if the problem arises again. Weird as to how it got and why it got corrupted in the first place. Thanks!

Reaction score
Make sure you run an upgrade if you haven't already, the link is above (post # 2) and the current version is 2004. :)

Reaction score
1) Device Manager does not show the adapter... I tried the hidden files, I do not see the wireless adapter (i see bluetooth adapter)

thanks for any help

View attachment 12398
I'm guessing you are on a desktop using a USB adapter. Check compatibility of the adapter by it's model number. It may not support windows 10. I had to replace 2 of mine. I do a lot more Lenovo laptop setups than most people and even going back to the XP models, the cards work with win 10

Reaction score
I'm guessing you are on a desktop using a USB adapter. Check compatibility of the adapter by it's model number. It may not support windows 10. I had to replace 2 of mine. I do a lot more Lenovo laptop setups than most people and even going back to the XP models, the cards work with win 10
Your guess is incorrect. Read post #3.

Reaction score
Yes, I think Walldoo99 is in principle correct - many (older?) Lenovo laptops use cheap Realtek mini wifi cards that are simply incompatible with Windows 10. The problem is on the hardware level and no driver will solve it - this is why the device manager cannot even see it. Replacement of the wifi adapter is the only option. Fortunately, these micro wifi adapters are relatively inexpensive, although a schlep to replace as you have to open your laptop for the swop.

Reaction score

thanks for any help

View attachment 12398

I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and this happens to me from time to time.

You said device manager but this Network & Internet is settings. Do a search for Device Manager and check the Network Adapters. If you see it there delete it and restart your computer. The device will be reinstalled and should work.

1599574979351.png

Reaction score
I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and this happens to me from time to time.

You said device manager but this Network & Internet is settings. Do a search for Device Manager and check the Network Adapters. If you see it there delete it and restart your computer. The device will be reinstalled and should work.

This will only be a solution if your Wi-Fi card is indeed Windows 10 compatible and for some reason your driver is a little unstable.
If you have just upgraded to Win 10 and you do not see the Wi-Fi card under Network Adapters in the Device Manager, you will certainly never see it in the Network & Internet settings. You then likely face a Windows 10 incompatible Wi-Fi card that will require replacement.

Reaction score
Just a silly question, if you are using a USB plugin wifi divice, have you closely checked the female USB pin sockets, one bent wire and you are SOL, or better said, not comunicating.

Sorry, USB sockets do not have wires, Ethernet female connectors have wires.

Have you tried the wifi device in other USB sockets?

If your PC has an Ethernet socket there are 'crossover' contraptions avaiable, so what is plugged into the Ethernet socket works on wifi.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have had the same on a Yoga 2 Pro suddenly, before never a problem.
I did everything incl. driver update ... and googled for hours :( ... nothing worked.
... what helped ... went to BIOS, disabled Wifi, rebooted, shut down, went the BIOS, enabled WIFI, booted and it worked.
Interesting wise, I needed to do this only one time, now all is ok after several restarts.

Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 of these, one for immediate use and one for future use, works great since I also needed the Bluetooth but didn't want to use 2 USB ports on the Notebook:
The Wireless is 802.11ac.
This is probably the most practical solution for WIFI adapters that aren't properly supported in Windows 10. I have an old Dell desktop that has a built-in WIFI-G card (DELL 1397 WLAN Minicard). Worked perfectly in Windows 7, nothing but problems in Windows 10. I bought a USB WIFI AC600 dongle that came with its own Windows 10 drivers for under $10 on fleabay (no bluetooth, just WIFI) and now my WIFI works perfectly, even Miracast/WIFI direct. It worked so well that I purchased a second unit for an old Compaq V2000 laptop with XP SP3. It comes with an installation mini CD with drivers for XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and even Linux. I plan on trying it Linux someday but I have tested this adapter with XP, 7 and 10 successfully.

Reaction score
Just had this happen on my Thinkpad P14s. BSOD, no wifi card detected on reboot.

The key for me was to disable ALL network interfaces (bluetooth, wlan, ethernet) in the BIOS, restart to windows, then enable all in BIOS. Just disabling the wlan interface in BIOS was not enough for whatever reason.

Reaction score
It's always the Fn key plus another Fx key for toggling hardware, not the WIndows key. Sometimes the Fn isn't necessary with an Fx key, depends upon the Notebook.

Ask a Question