Linux/FX

Reaction score
Anyone seen this distro ? It's a wonder Microsoft isnt after them . They have made Linux look "exactly" like Windows 10.
I suppose if you like the Win 10 interface and you have an older piece of equipment that you would still like to use
it might be an option . https://www.linuxfx.org/

Reaction score
The boast is that ou can run several windows programs on it, by using wine. I know very little about linux, but I do know that wine is available for any linux distribution. Other than that, withe help of what they have rearranged with the graphics, it is possibly a little easier to navigate, for windows users.
I did install, for a short time, a linux called Zorin, which did the same thing.

Reaction score
Call it an apple, macintosh , ms or lemon - the s***s will find a way

Reaction score
They can keep there Linux/FX.
I tried it and wasn't impressed.

If you want to run Linux than run Linux.
If you want to run Windows than run Windows.

Linux and Windows both are excellent and both have there good points and bad points.
I can't complain about what I paid for either one and I've had problems and issues from both.

Don't know why and never will understand why you would want Linux looking like Windows.
I'll stick with each OS as it comes OOTB as the real thing is what I want and and not no imitation.

Life is Good. :)

Reaction score
"Don't know why and never will understand why you would want Linux looking like Windows.
I'll stick with each OS as it comes OOTB as the real thing is what I want and and not no imitation."

Quite. Good post!
I am not a fan of Linux, but on my seldom ventures into one of the distros, I have not found anything, in my computer use, that I cannot do more easily in Windows.
Horses for courses I guess.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Don't know why and never will understand why you would want Linux looking like Windows.
Simply a beginners mode. They want the look and feel of Windows because that's what they are comfortable with. Then there's the Security aspect of Linux....and the kicker is ....it's free. Then this is where the Linux users either evolves and pickup it's nuances in intricacies or simply goes back to windows.

TBH......that's exactly what I do.

Reaction score
Me too! Been in there several times over the paste decades, and always returned to Windows with a feeling of comfort.:)

Reaction score
KDE (Kool Desktop Environment) is the simple way of getting the desktop looking like Windows without having to do any real legwork OTB. It was the first Linux DE I ever used and I must admit, I still like it today. That said, as pointed out above, if anyone wants a Windows DE, then indeed use Windows as KDE isn't a complete replacement for Windows either!. :)

Kubuntu has been a go to for me for many years now!. https://kubuntu.org/

Reaction score
I have Linux Mint on a Desktop and a Notebook. The 11" Notebook with a 32GB SSD ended up not able to install later Version Upgrades of Win10 so I now use it to demo Linux. The Desktop has a USB Drive Dock attach that is quite handy with drive cleaning, partitioning, formatting as GPARTED is installed and handles a large number of formats, no having to boot the GPARTED LiveCD, just plug a drive into the dock. I have used GPARTED to format up to 500GB as FAT32 which Windows can't do.

Reaction score
I've got Linux and Windows 10 desktops scattered about different rooms in my house so I use whatever computer I'm nearest to and it doesn't matter what OS it is either one gets me online.

About all I find that Linux does better than Windows is runs better on my outdated Frankenstein computers pieced together from other outdated discarded computers.

Reaction score
Instalei o linux fx 10 e utilizei por um bom tempo, mas quando precisei instalar novamente não consegui instalar o protocolo SSTP para usar VPN. Alguém sabe como devo fazer para ter êxito?

Reaction score
This is an English-only site but here is what translated:

I installed linux fx 10 and used it for a long time, but when I needed to install again I could not install the SSTP protocol to use VPN. Does anyone know how I should do it to succeed?
Last post on this was a year ago, don't know if the OP is still around.

Ask a Question