Loading Temporary Profile On Windows 10 At Startup

Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 10 recently from windows 7 and my system was working fine. but after about 2 months my system freeze and thereafter started loading temporary profile since then. All my file were lost and since then anything i save is lost when i shutdown. please what can i do to restore my system to normal

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds to me like you may have SID issue in the registry.
Microsoft used to have an excellent Knowledge Base Article on how to fix it, but unfortunately I can't find it for some reason.
This is a link to what appears to be a very good equivalent article.
Give it a read and see if it applies to your particular situation. You'll know if you see matching SIDs with one having a .bak extension
https://community.spiceworks.com/ho...he-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?page=4

I've used that technique on multiple occasions over the years to resolve similar issues
Keep us posted, and as always the boiler plate disclaimer

Using the Windows Registry Editor can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. It cannot be guaranteed that any problems resulting from the use of the Windows Registry Editor can be solved. If you choose to edit the Windows Registry please understand that you do so at your own risk so unless you feel fairly comfortable and confident you should probably not use the Editor. Changes made to the Windows Registry can take effect immediately and those that do not will take effect following the next reboot of your computer, and a current backup is not automatically made for you....So manually create a system restore point, backup the registry and export the key you are editing for safe keeping before doing so.

Ask a Question