Loads to a black screen?

Reaction score
Hello, there are so many problems right now I don't event know where to start.

For some reason this morning my computer was being really slow, freezing for a couple of minutes at a time especially when searching for programs, so I decided to restart it.

After that my computer took way longer than usual to boot up and when it did it opened to a black screen. I left it for 10 minutes and nothing had changed so I pressed Ctrl Alt Delete and then a message popped up saying something along the lines of log in and shutdown failure. I would post a picture of it but it won't from my phone and I currently don't have a functioning computer.

Now I've been waiting around a half hour after typing in my password for my computer to log in and it's been just a spinning wheel on a screen with my name on it.

Please tell me there is a fix for this?

Reaction score
Will you be able to restart your computer > go to the sign in screen without signing in ?

If yes, use the following method and select an option you want.............

in the sign in screen, bottom right, click the Power icon > one of the options that appears is Restart > press Shift key and hold > click Restart > click "Restart anyway" if you were asked to confirm the action > wait > click Troubleshoot >
You can now choose the following options :
1. click Reset this PC > and follow the prompts to reset your computer.
2. click Advanced options and you can choose the option that is most applicable to you....
a) System Restore to roll back to a date when everything is working fine.
b) System Image backup if you have done any image backup.
c) Startup Repair which seems to be your issue but my personal experience of Startup Repair is POOR................... it never fixes my problems.

Whether you choose option #1 or #2 is your decision.
You can always try all of them, one at a time.

Good luck.

Ask a Question