login with out a password

Reaction score
I wanted to log in with out a password. So I set the user account to go on with out a password. There is only one user account on this computer
When I rebooted the computer the message was that the name or password was wrong.
The screen showed two boxes in the lower left hand of the displan. The lower had the name of John-0000 and the top box had the name of John.
When I click on the lower box it asks for a name and password
When I click on the top box it asks for a password.
I do not know how to change it back to the orginial.
also
HOW DO I SET IT UP TO LOG IN AUTOMATICALLY
HELP PLEASE

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I wanted to log in with out a password. So I set the user account to go on with out a password. There is only one user account on this computer
How did you "set the user account to go on with out a password"?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you followed the technique described in this article https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/log-in-to-windows-10-automatically.19/
It does not explain how or why a second user John / John-0000 was created
In any event nothing you performed using netplwiz would have modified, changed or otherwise impacted the actual password. The password remains the same, it is still there, it is just a tool that inputs it for you in the background, so......
One of those two accounts should still function and accept the password that was initially assigned to it.

Ask a Question