Lost desktop

Reaction score
I have somehow moved my desktop to an SD card and the desktop will only boot up when I insert the card into the F slot. I've tried copying the desktop folder back but my laptop will only boot up the desktop from F. If the card is not inserted the laptop will boot up but nu desktop items are shown. How can I get it back?

Reaction score
The Desktop is a Folder [in File Explorer] under This PC in the left column/navigation. This image is from a different post but shows where the Desktop resides, should be able to copy from the card and Paste it onto This PC.

Attachments

• 1556984636608.png
    1556984636608.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
The Desktop is a Folder [in File Explorer] under This PC in the left column/navigation. This image is from a different post but shows where the Desktop resides, should be able to copy from the card and Paste it onto This PC.
Thanks for your reply. I've tried that but when I remove the card before booting I get the message F:/desktop not available etc etc.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I've tried that but when I remove the card before booting I get the message F:/desktop not available etc etc.
Done! I clicked on properties for desktop and it showed location as F:/ and gave me the opportunity to change it to default. I did and it worked! Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question