Lost drivers after reset

Reaction score
I recently had to reset Win 10 Before the reset I had "Hello" the camera was recognized and was working as was the fingerprint reader. After the reset I found that neither the camera or the finger print reader were working or recognised I also found that many drivers had disappeared i.e a number of Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controllers "Hello had also disappeared (as it couldn't find the camera or fingerprint reader)
I have no idea where to find the missing drivers mainly because I have no idea what I'm looking for.
Am I expected to have this problem when ever I need to re set ?
The computer is a Lenovo 0769
As I said everything was working fine before the reset

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It's likely that when you initially upgraded to Windows 10 that your hardware devices were able to use the drivers that were in place from your previous operating system.

What you'll probably need to do now is go to Lenovo Support http://support.lenovo.com/us/en?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67855
And use your exact Model Name, Model Number (complete model number) as there appears to be more than one 0769
Lenovo 3000 N200 0769-BJG, Lenovo 3000 N200 0769-EDG, etc, etc.
Anyhow..... determine the latest drivers they have available for your problem hardware and see if using them helps with the issue. Some older drivers will work perfectly fine on Windows 10 especially if Microsoft doesn't have native driver support for the particular device.
Am I expected to have this problem when ever I need to re set ?
Probably, so.... download and maintain the drivers for the hardware you know is going to be an issue so you can reinstall them if needed....
OR
Create a disk image of your computer once everything is sorted and keep that as your emergency fall back position when needed.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Creating frequent and recent disk images from time to time will help you recover to a more current state rather than resorting all the way back to your initial image.

Reaction score
you can find the original drivers from Lenovo's website.
or you can search them on google.
I use driver talent to download drivers for my pc and it saves my time.

Ask a Question