SOLVED Lost favorites

Reaction score
I have incurred three occasions where my favorites have disappeared in Windows 10. I then have to re-import them from Internet Explorer, but I lose those that were added in Windows 10. Any ideas for the cause of this?

Reaction score
Are the favorites disappearing or is it the tool bar that's turned off?
I assume you are using MS Edge. Make sure your favorites are turned on.
Click on the 3 horizontal bars top left > Settings > View Favorite Settings; Turn ON Favorites Bar and check mark Import Favorites from IE.

Reaction score
Are the favorites disappearing or is it the tool bar that's turned off?
I assume you are using MS Edge. Make sure your favorites are turned on.
Click on the 3 horizontal bars top left > Settings > View Favorite Settings; Turn ON Favorites Bar and check mark Import Favorites from IE.
Settings are as you describe above, but 3 times in past two weeks, favorites have vanished and I have to re-import them.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think "favorites" are one of those things that gets sync'd across multiple devices.
IS there a chance that you are using the same MS account on another computer and that somehow the sync settings maybe causing the issue.
I almost wish I knew more about how this stuff works, but......
It's barely a blip on my radar.

Reaction score
As Trouble mentioned, it could be caused by MS account synch settings.
Disappearing favorites seems to be a common glitch in MS Edge. I haven't experienced any problems to date with Fire Fox or Edge. However, I'm not signed in with a MS account as I have no use for one and no desire to synch any devices with MS.

Have you tried creating another user account and signing IN with the new account that's not linked to a MS account? Might be worth a try until MS resolves the issue. Good Luck!

Reaction score
As Trouble mentioned, it could be caused by MS account synch settings.
Disappearing favorites seems to be a common glitch in MS Edge. I haven't experienced any problems to date with Fire Fox or Edge. However, I'm not signed in with a MS account as I have no use for one and no desire to synch any devices with MS.

Have you tried creating another user account and signing IN with the new account that's not linked to a MS account? Might be worth a try until MS resolves the issue. Good Luck!
Thanks for the replies. I do have the same account on an office computer, but never thought that would cause the problem.

Reaction score
Probably one account 2 passwords LOL. Got to remember computers only deal with 1s and 0s (True-False) I'm glad you have found a fix.

Ask a Question