SOLVED Lost internet connection

BSM

Reaction score
Having changed my internet provider and been issued a new router to handle my new fibre connection, my tv fails to connect to the new Fritzbox router despite using a Ethernet connection.
Had no problems with previous provider and Netgear router. Tried doing it wirelessly but still same problem.
Any ideas, please.
BSM.

Reaction score
When switching to a new router provided by your internet service provider, it's not uncommon to encounter connectivity issues with certain devices, such as your TV. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Restart devices: Begin by power cycling both your TV and the new Fritzbox router. Turn off the TV, unplug it from the power source, and also power off the router. Wait for a minute, then plug in and power on the router first, followed by the TV.
  2. Check Ethernet cable: Ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting your TV to the router is securely plugged in at both ends. You may also try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out any potential cable issues.
  3. Verify DHCP settings: Confirm that your new router is configured to provide IP addresses using DHCP. Check the router's settings to ensure that DHCP is enabled.
  4. Reset network settings on TV: If the issue persists, you can try resetting the network settings on your TV. Access the network settings menu on your TV and look for an option to reset or clear network settings. Afterward, reconnect to your new router's network.
  5. Contact support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to your TV manufacturer's support or your internet service provider's customer support for further assistance. They can help troubleshoot the problem specific to your TV model and new router.
By following these steps and seeking assistance if needed, you should be able to resolve the connectivity issue between your TV and the new Fritzbox router.

BSM

Reaction score
Thsnk you for your input.
Following your instructions I have suceeded in making that connection and am now able to watch my TV as before. Thank you.
BSM.

Ask a Question