Lost library?

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me. Just upgraded to Windows 10 & I appear to have lost everything in my media player library. I'm not very happy about it coz it's taken ten years to build up & now it's all gone & some of it is irreplaceable. I can't find my music anywhere. I was under the impression that everything would simply switch with the upgrade. Any ideas anyone?

Reaction score
Did you ever find your music? I just upgraded and find my 18 year collection gone!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use "Everything" from Void Tools http://www.voidtools.com/ and......
do a complete search of your system for *.mp3 or whatever file extension / type format your music was in.
A Windows upgrade / update would not have erased or otherwise disappeared your music.
Check your Windows.OLD folder as well.
A collection as valuable as you're reporting must have surely been backed up for safe keeping.

Reaction score
Did you ever find your music? I just upgraded and find my 18 year collection gone!
Hi, I tried a few things, got no help at all from windows. Had some stuff backed up on external storage, but I've still lost about 6000 tracks. Didn't think that "upgrading" to windows 10 would have such a drastic effect on my computer. It's total c**p now, sometimes I have to start up & restart about half a dozen times before I have a fully functioning computer. Wish I had never upgraded :(

Reaction score
Use "Everything" from Void Tools http://www.voidtools.com/ and......
do a complete search of your system for *.mp3 or whatever file extension / type format your music was in.
A Windows upgrade / update would not have erased or otherwise disappeared your music.
Check your Windows.OLD folder as well.
A collection as valuable as you're reporting must have surely been backed up for safe keeping.
Hi, as soon as my computer started after the "upgrade" the media player library was empty. I had some stuff backed up on external storage, but because of the amount of storage space available I couldn't back up everything. I've checked out various forums & tried different suggestions to retrieve my music, but as yet I've had no luck.I wish I had stayed with the previous version of windows, my computer has been a nightmare since the"upgrade"

Ask a Question