Lost task bar on awaking

Reaction score
I have 2 monitors on my system. When the system comes up from power saving mode (unsure if in true sleep mode but user password is required) the task bar on the primary monitor is missing. The secondary monitor has it but not primary touch screen. I've tried various things like toggling auto hide, etc, to no avail but restarting brings it back.

Reaction score
I have 2 monitors on my system. When the system comes up from power saving mode (unsure if in true sleep mode but user password is required) the task bar on the primary monitor is missing. The secondary monitor has it but not primary touch screen. I've tried various things like toggling auto hide, etc, to no avail but restarting brings it back.
Confirmed that it occurs when returning from sleep.

Reaction score
Hi Brian. I am having the exact same issue. Have you discovered a fix for this? I know that if I kill explorer.exe and then start it up again the taskbar will return on the primary monitor. This is better than restarting, but not by much.

Ask a Question