Lost Twitter

Reaction score
Several months ago I accidentally uninstalled TWITTER from my laptop computer running Windows 10. I have been unable to reinstall it. Every time and every site I try tells me I have the app installed. Trying to reinstall it gives me the following message
"We're sorry, there was a problem completing your request. Please check your network connections and try again." My network connections are fine and that is not the problem. Can anyone tell me how to get this app back on Windows 10. All help is definitely appreciated. Thank you.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I hate all apps and don't use them....as work around you can use the web-based Twitter, which I find is better/easier to use.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
As an experiment, I installed the twitter app, signed in with it....peeked around, then signed out and uninstalled it. Then went to the store and downloaded it with no problem and the proceeded to open and use it....again no issues. So you may have some underlying issues which could be causing your problem with the twitter app.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Every time and every site I try tells me I have the app installed
Probably the first thing you need to do is determine if the app is still present on your machine.
Run Power Shell as administrator and in the PowerShell window type
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers
hit enter and look near the bottom of the list of install apps for something like
Code:
Name                   : 9E2F88E3.Twitter
Publisher              : CN=2079F891-4F1B-4C35-9488-2582FB598793
Architecture           : X86
ResourceId             :
Version                : 5.0.0.0
PackageFullName        : 9E2F88E3.Twitter_5.0.0.0_x86__wgeqdkkx372wm
InstallLocation        : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\9E2F88E3.Twitter_5.0.0.0_x86__wgeqdkkx372wm
IsFramework            : False
PackageFamilyName      : 9E2F88E3.Twitter_wgeqdkkx372wm
PublisherId            : wgeqdkkx372wm
PackageUserInformation : {S-1-5-21-4090210044-1785346077-2750976360-1001 [randy]: Installed}
IsResourcePackage      : False
IsBundle               : False
IsDevelopmentMode      : False
If it is present then you should be able to globally remove it by typing the following into the PowerShell windows
Code:
 Get-AppxPackage *Twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage
Afterwards you should be able to launch the Store App and perform a search for "Twitter" and reinstall it.

Reaction score
Sorry it took as long to reply. But now that I am back, I do not know how to run "Powershell as administrator". What I see above seems easy enough but can you tell me how to run Powerahell and is it easy enough for someone who knows her way around the computer fairly well. I can follow instructions quite well. Also, I am the administrator. Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
click the start button and type
powershell
it should appear at the top of the list (Windows Power Shell)
right click it and choose run as administrator

Reaction score
I managed to follow those instructions and I was successful in removing Twitter through Powershell. I rechecked to be sure and it was gone. After going to the store and reinstalling it, when I tried to open it I got the same result, a message saying "We're sorry there was a problem completing the request" I then went back into Powershell and Twitter is back there at the very bottom of the list. What could be causing this to happen?

Ask a Question