SOLVED Lost - Windows 10 sound tray icon

Reaction score
Hi - I seem to have lost my Windows 10 speaker icon from the notification tray? Ideas welcome Antnick

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Hi - I seem to have lost my Windows 10 speaker icon from the notification tray? Ideas welcome Antnick

this seems to happen to me not a lot but more then one time. Every one helps me my turn to help some one else

volume icon goes missing
  1. right click hidden up arrow on task bar
  2. open task manger
  3. look for windows exe towards the bottom on the list
  4. right click it and end process
  5. go to file in menu on task manger window you are on
  6. run new task
  7. type explorer exe.
  8. enter and your fixed
first time I did this everything went dark except the task manager I thought I really broke it. You mite want to use a note editor I use ever note I have built a note under Windows 10 Quirks recording what to do the next time.

Reaction score
Michael, in Win 10, or my copy, there is no windows exe only explorer exe. Stopping this explorer (or file manager exe) simply closes the shell and running the new task reopens the shell - alas, no speaker icon still. Any more suggestions?

Reaction score
Michael,
for me it was
settings, system, notifications and actions, and on the right, select which icons
appear on the task bar, and there you can choose what you want to appear

Reaction score
Michael,
for me it was
settings, system, notifications and actions, and on the right, select which icons
appear on the task bar, and there you can choose what you want to appear

Hi Michael, solved it. All those buttons, selected that is, were marked on or show. Removing and reapplying sorted it out...who knows why/ Anyway, thanks very much

Ask a Question