Lots of Tilda files

Reaction score
Hi

I have a lot of files with "~" in the extension part of the file, and I suspect this is due to crashes I had. How do I delete them as there are a substancial number (1000s and 1000s) and are taking disk space.

When I do a search for *.~ it also fines good files so can't do a bulk delete (see attached).

Any sugestions ?

Attachments

• file.JPG
    file.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
These are typically backup files created during software installation or update. They are usually deleted by the installer at the end of the install process. Their presence may indicate that some software was not installed (or uninstalled?) properly. In theory they can be deleted because they are just backup files, but it's more important that you establish why they weren't deleted by the installer.

Reaction score
It was due to the system hanging during the install and having to do a power button power down and restart. The problem has now been rectified with Windows, but now have all the files and I can't see an easy way around deleting them as in comment above.

Ask a Question