Low Battery Notification

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Walter,

We've had a few Cumulative updates of late. It's possible the settings you believe you had, have been changed.

Right-click on Start and select Run then in the Run dialog type control.exe powercfg,,3 and click OK

Now double check that Critical Battery setting listed to ensure the notifications are in fact still enabled.

Regards,

Regedit

Reaction score
Hi Walter,

We've had a few Cumulative updates of late. It's possible the settings you believe you had, have been changed.

Right-click on Start and select Run then in the Run dialog type control.exe powercfg,,3 and click OK

Now double check that Critical Battery setting listed to ensure the notifications are in fact still enabled.

Regards,

Regedit
Hi,

Thanks for the reset information. Have checked the details as instructed but the LOW Battery Notification did not show and the computer shut down.

It seems that there is some other problem lurking elsewhere and could be related to the updates, any other bright ideas ???

Regards,

Walter Ashton

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reset information. Have checked the details as instructed but the LOW Battery Notification did not show and the computer shut down.

It seems that there is some other problem lurking elsewhere and could be related to the updates, any other bright ideas ???

Regards,

Walter Ashton

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hmm that is odd.

OK what about right-clicking on Taskbar then selecting Settings and in the window that opens scroll down to the Notification Area and checking both links there:
  • Select which icons appear on the Taskbar, and
  • Turn system icons on or off
It's likely to be the second link. Perhaps its been turned off there.

Reaction score
Have checked the settings and Notifications and all are ON, but he POWER although ON was Grey and did not change when clicked on.

Reaction score
Still having trouble with the Low Battery Notification not working and wondering if Windows is corrupted ? Have tried to update windows but the download states that it is upto date !. Can Windows be repaired ??

Reaction score
Hello Walter,

I am in the same boat you are, so I will be following your post.
I just keep mine plugged in, which is an annoyance. Thanks.

Reaction score
I am still having problems with no battery notifications, I have tried the following to check if there is any problem !
TRY:- Start--Settings-- Update & Security--Power--Run Troubleshooter. I did not see any improvement after but it could well correct something some where to help. Good luuck and keep your fingers crossed !
Regards,
Walter

Reaction score
Hi Walter,

Regards,

Regedit
Have followed your instructions but the computer still shuts down with out any notice. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks all the same.

Reaction score
Have followed your instructions but the computer still shuts down with out any notice. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks all the same.

Reaction score
It has taken some time, but at last the Battery Notification is working OK, BATTERY POWER UPTO 87%. AND INFORMATI.VE. Well done.

Reaction score
The update 2 days later removed the Battery Notification, back to square "minus one", can someone at Microsoft explain what is going on ?

Ask a Question