SOLVED LUA files

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just spotted a whole load of LUA files apparently from NVidia downloaded to my PC four days ago.
At present I have no action games on my PC so why are they on and should I delete them, could it be to do with windows 10 upgrade?
Terry

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello terry and welcome to the forum.
I just inspected my Windows 10 (10240) system and was unable to locate any .lua files anywhere.
I have an nVidia GPU with full driver installed including nVidia Experience / Control Panel, so I don't think they were or are produced generally as a result of an "nVidia download"
should I delete them
IDK.
Generally speaking if I have a questionable file that I'm considering deleting. I will first rename it.
Replacing the files extension (in your case .lua) with something like .OLD
This effectively breaks the file and allows me to observe any consequences, which can be resolved by renaming them back to their original format in the event that some undesirable results occur.

Worst case either Safe Mode or a Linux Distro Live CD, might be required.

Reaction score
Thanks for your welcome reply, as I am on win 7 now maybe the files will disappear when I upgrade to windows 10.
Terry

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry... my assumption was, that since you were posting on a Windows 10 forum, that you were running Windows 10.
maybe the files will disappear when I upgrade to windows 10.
Not likely. A true upgrade will offer you some options, (keep everything, keep nothing, etc.,) most people who choose to upgrade, do so because they don't want to muck about re-installing programs, drivers, etc.
So if you, as many if not most will, choose to "keep everything", then those files will likely remain right where they are.

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I suspected the files might have something to do with updates preparing for windows 10. When I upgrade I will probably just keep my documents, pictures and music.
I'm getting excited now and impatient, you will have to ignore me I'm just an 82 year old juvenile.:):):)

Ask a Question