Mail disappears

Reaction score
Just purchased a Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 installed. Using the mail app on the standard menu. It was very easy to setup to send and receive mail. Works great except after a few minutes, the mail in my inbox disappears even what I have not read.
Is there something I need to set to prevent this?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi LAB2,

Welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you are syncing your email, you may need to sign-in to your email account via a web browser and check if there is a setting there to keep a copy of your email on the email server.

If you download emails, and they are removed from the email server at the same time, then the next time your Mail app checks for new email and syncs, it will be downloading am empty inbox folder, and thus your emails disappear.

Reaction score
Not the case, I read then with my other computer (windows 7) they do not disappear
The problem is not disappearance from the server, but disappearance from my windows 10 mail app. I have watched it happen. There were several in its input view which suddenly were gone even though I had done nothing. Re syncing did not return them. I could not find them in deleted or anywhere. I could still find them on the server with my other computer

Regedit32

Reaction score
Which build of Windows Mail & Calendar app are you on?

Have you recently checked the Store for updates for the app?

Reaction score
Just a thought. Is it possibly doing its own resync and only showing what is new for that sync?
If so, how do you convince it to keep and display the old stuff?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Is it possibly doing its own resync and only showing what is new for that sync?

That is not the default behaviour, however on the left pane of Mail app you can choose between showing all, unread only, flagged only, etc...

Untitled.png

Reaction score
It seems to working now. All I have done is shut and restarted a couple times. Will let you know if it is still working in the morning

Reaction score
Ok, problem seems to have gone away. I have no clue how or why as I did not do anything except a couple power cycles. Thank you for your help. You comments were much more to the point than what I had gotten earlier from the Microsoft robot.

Ask a Question