SOLVED Media Creation Tool

Reaction score
I believe in August, 2020 Microsoft created a new Media Creation Tool allowing to upgrade Windows 10 to version 2004 ( OS 19041. xxx ).
The instruction of this tool states during download cannot be selected option between Home and Pro editions of Windows 10 but while the OS gets installed based on the user's current active product license the right edition will be installed on machine.
I have got two different responses from my machine:

1. Settings > System>About that my edition is Windows 10 Pro based on activated digital product license.
2. Using command prompt DISM /Get-WimInfo /WimFile: I(ESD-ISO ):\Sources\install.esd /index:1 the response was - Description: Windows 10 Home, Version: 10.19041.450 , created on 8/8/2020 and modified on 9/17/2020, edition:core.
Does edition:core includes both Windows Home and Pro ?

Reaction score
The 2004 MCT was actually released end of May 2020. The iso usually contains Home, Pro and other editions.

index:1 means Home Edition
index:2 means Home Edition N
index:3 means Home Edition single language
index:4 means Education
index:5 means Education N
index:6 means Pro Edition
index:7 means Pro Edition N

try it out. I have used my Windows 10 2004.19041.450 x64 to find the meaning of the indices.

Reaction score
You are right about the meaning of the indices. I found about them lately in a different way by scrolling through setupact.log file in
Windows $Windows.~BT folder.
2004 MCT was created in May but every month it gets upgraded to latest Windows OS Build, currently you can download from MS version created in 8/8/20 and modified in September to include the ServicePack 450.
I stuck with my machine on 19041.329 not willing go through the path of a clean upgrade. Reviewing setupact and setuperr logs I could not
find the culprit of failure.

Ask a Question