Media Streaming

Reaction score
Before the last big Windows 10 Update (Creator Update) I was able to stream all my videos from my Desktop to my networked TV's. Now I can't get it to work anymore. I checked my Media Streaming Settings through Control Panel and they all look correct. I even deleted the settings and re-set them again. Still isn't working. Anybody got some ideas about what may be wrong or what has changed since the Update?

Mike

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The last time this happened to me I searched everywhere and everything on my Windows 10 computer to determine what the problem might be.

Turns out I had to go to my Sony Bravia networked TV and clean up a bunch of old connections as I had exceeded the limit allowed...... who knew?
Every TV has different controls as to how it allows, supports and manages "media servers".
Mine was within the renderer options and contained a bunch of hex / mac numbers / addresses
I got rid of them all, ran the media server troubleshooter, it saw my connected computer right away. Went back to the machine and tested by casting to the Bravia which worked as before
Went back to my TV and turned off auto / allow new media devices

Then checked to see if I could play some media files that were on my computer from my TV.
Everything seemed to work normally after the cleanup of all the other connections.

Reaction score
The last time this happened to me I searched everywhere and everything on my Windows 10 computer to determine what the problem might be.

Turns out I had to go to my Sony Bravia networked TV and clean up a bunch of old connections as I had exceeded the limit allowed...... who knew?
Every TV has different controls as to how it allows, supports and manages "media servers".
Mine was within the renderer options and contained a bunch of hex / mac numbers / addresses
I got rid of them all, ran the media server troubleshooter, it saw my connected computer right away. Went back to the machine and tested by casting to the Bravia which worked as before
Went back to my TV and turned off auto / allow new media devices

Then checked to see if I could play some media files that were on my computer from my TV.
Everything seemed to work normally after the cleanup of all the other connections.

Reaction score
Yeah I tried resetting my device. I actually Media Stream through my Blu-ray Player. I reset all settings to default. Didn't work. Same problem. It use to work, but not anymore.

Ask a Question