Message from webpage: Object error

Reaction score
This problem may not be specifically a Windows 10 problem, but I'm hoping the knowledgeable folks here can offer some help or suggestions. I use Copernic Desktop Search to keep track of where my files are as I have multiple hard drives in my system. For the past several months every time I click on a song file on the search results page I get this error "Message from webpage: object error", which I have to click through in order to select the song for playing or copying or just locating.

Copernic support seems as confused over the cause as I am. Here's what they've suggested:
It might be a javascript error.
Are there extensions that could cause problems in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Validate or reset your settings in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

In response I've investigated and believe I don't have javascript on my computer. I use Firefox as my default browser, but I checked IE and Chrome anyway and disabled all extensions. I tried switching to Edge for a while but that didn't alter what's going on with Copernic. The last thing I tried was to erase the current database and have Copernic re-index all my files. Nothing has made a difference. No matter where the file may be located, on C or D drive (which came with the computer) or one of my auxiliary drives, the error persists. It hasn't stopped me from being able to use Copernic but it's certainly decreased my enjoyment of it's great search capabilities.

Can anyone suggest other things to look at to solve this problem? I've been using Copernic for about six years and this "object error" thing only started this year. On a typical day I use it's search function many times. Thanks.

Ask a Question