Microsoft’s Windows 10 April 2018 Update arrives on Monday

Reaction score
Microsoft is finally naming its next Windows 10 update today. The Windows 10 April 2018 Update was originally scheduled to release on April 10th, but Microsoft hit a blocking bug that pushed the release to the very last day of April. Microsoft is now releasing its April update for people to manually download on Monday April 30th, before it’s more broadly rolled out to machines on May 8th.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/27/...ws-10-april-2018-update-release-date-features

it also will come out as 1803 17134.5

Reaction score
So they want to test it before the legally release it.. I have not yet seen the .5 update but it might be a BITS situation on my system.

Reaction score
Gonna wait until the official release as well. Although I have an ISO with the17134 already (made with the products.cab) this one has the exact same size as the 17133.
My Insider install on my test system meanwhile has gotten the tiny update (KB4135051) which increases the build to 17134.5 .
Sure looks like this will be the final Redstone 4 release but we have heard that before, havn't we??

Bif

Reaction score
I can hardly wait! ( typed with sarcasm )
Time to back up and such methinks..

Reaction score
My Insider install on my test system meanwhile has gotten the tiny update (KB4135051) which increases the build to 17134.5
My system still has not gotten the .5 update. Possibly the update has been pulled? Or, possibly something is wrong with my Windows Update, it is getting virus definitions but I realized this is the first actual update 17134.1 has received.

Reaction score
Give it some time, not everyone can connect to the Windows Update Catalog servers at the same time. I check everyday and got it just yesterday afternoon. As far as I know 17134.1 was the last update.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My system still has not gotten the .5 update.
Is that on your system that is still participating in the Windows Insider Program, or....
The system on which you did a clean install from the ISO.

I've noted on some forums, people are reporting problems getting that update and have had to rejoin the insider program to get it.

Reaction score
OK, Bighorn, I will wait but I am seeing some strange things. My update log was showing an update starting with DD2 or something like that for a GUID number, which I was thinking was .5 CU, but I did an in-place install and it has disappeared from the listing.

I may just go ahead and reinstall since I also have the .iso from the media creation tool.

Reaction score
Is that on your system that is still participating in the Windows Insider Program
Yes, the one non-insider with 17133.1 has not gotten any updates except for Defender.

I just reinstalled and am trying to decide if I want to sign this install up for the Insider program. I could test if the .5 update was still available since I am on .1 right now. I suppose I could get out after the public version was released on Monday.

Reaction score
Sure hope it fixes KB4088776 as that's were I'm stuck at and will not install even though win trouble shooter keeps trying to fix it!

Reaction score
Well I jumped back into the Insider's builds and the update popped right up and installed. I must have had a bad Windows Update on the prior install.

Now, I suppose we just hang out to see what happens.

@PA-WOODCHUCK, It will probably help, but won't know until it tries. It might depend on why your system is not installing updates.

Reaction score
Well I jumped back into the Insider's builds and the update popped right up and installed. I must have had a bad Windows Update on the prior install.

Now, I suppose we just hang out to see what happens.

@PA-WOODCHUCK, It will probably help, but won't know until it tries. It might depend on why your system is not installing updates.

I have 2 other Dells and a HP notebook which update completed. Is there anyway to track where the update failure is? Win update trouble shooter only reports restart needed.

Reaction score
Win update trouble shooter only reports restart needed.
Try shutting it all the way down.

If you are not getting some type of error message, the only thing I can use is a Windows Update log. The CBS log has some of the same information so if you know when it happened, you could check that at the time of the update attempt to see if you can find something.

Reaction score
Try shutting it all the way down.

If you are not getting some type of error message, the only thing I can use is a Windows Update log. The CBS log has some of the same information so if you know when it happened, you could check that at the time of the update attempt to see if you can find something.

I do full shutdown befor bedtime and have done many restarts. Whats CBS log and where can I find it? Attached is windows update log as of this posting. Winver shows 1709-16299.248

Attachments

• Windows update log 4-29-18.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 543
Reaction score
:) The WindowsUpdate.log is on your desktop... These are just the .etl files used to create it.

The CBS log is in the Windows\Logs\CBS folder. It can be a large file and may have archives. So check the time and date when you try to read it.

Reaction score
CBS LOG dated today attached

I also have the log from 4/28 but too big to attach(25K).

Attachments

• CBS 4-29-18 .txt
    46.5 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like KB4058043 which I can find but seems to be related to CloudEdition.

It does show 0x80070bc2 which is a reboot required... No other error messages I can see.

Ask a Question