Microsoft Account

Reaction score
I have two computers running Windows 10. One computer is set up using my Microsoft account as the user and sign on password. The second computer is set up with a local account and password and I'm wondering if I can create another account on it using my Microsoft account and password. Can it be used on more than one machine at one time or do I need to set up another account for this machine?

Reaction score
I did use the same account on my PC and tablet, at the same time (which was the same account as my Windows 8.1). I have since changed the account to a second one, and my tablet no longer is running 10. I was having sync issues with my OneDrive.

Reaction score
Dipsy. It shouldn't be a problem. I have such a setup.
Settings - Accounts and the offer is there to set up a Microsoft account. When you have done that (You will have to verify) it will then offer to switch to using that account.
Just be aware, though, that this will take over the local account as its own.

Reaction score
Good morning Dave. I'm not sure if there is a benefit to logging in with a Microsoft account. I don't intend to ever use One Drive, I've no need to sync data with anything and it's doubtful that I will ever buy anything from the store. When I first installed Windows 10 on my other computer I thought it would be somehow advantageous or maybe necessary to use a Microsoft account. I had previously set up an account for something or other so I just used it as the log on to the computer. On this computer which I use the most I tried setting up a local account with Windows 10 and it worked without issues. I've just been curious as to whether signing in with a Microsoft account is necessary or will be required for the free upgrade to the RTM. At one time I was going to sign in to the Insider program and instead of just signing in it was going to set my computer up with a Microsoft account as the primary. I exited out of the setup. Kind of ticked me off that it wanted to take over my computer instead of just signing in and signing out like you do with other forums, etc. If I do setup a Microsoft account on this computer will it still retain my local account and offer me an option to sign in with either account?

Ask a Question